Douglas Golf Club is delighted to announce that we are holding an Officers Charity Day in aid of Brú Columbanus, Irish Guide Dogs and the CUH Children's Unit.
The event, which is in keeping with Douglas Golf Club's commitment to supporting Cork based charities, takes place on Friday 26th August. The details and event format will be as follows:
- The cost per team will be €350 (4 person team, any combination)
- Shotgun Start at 2.30pm (number of teams limited to 30).
- Sign in from 1pm with light lunch of soup and sandwiches
- Light BBQ/Refreshments during the round (weather permitting)
- Full Evening Meal
- Perpetual Trophy to be presented on night
- Prizes 1-4
- Maximum Handicap of 20 for Men and 28 for Ladies
The shotgun start will ensure that everybody finishes together and has an enjoyable evening in the club
All cheques should be made payable to Douglas Golf Club and sent for the attention of Conor O'Brien, General Manager. The first 30 entries, with accompanying payment, will participate. In addition, if you wish to sponsor a tee box @€100, or provide a donation, these will be most gratefully accepted.
The evening meal will commence at 8.00pm. If you wish to bring an extra guest (in addition to team members), it will be at an additional cost of €30 per person.
We do hope that you will look favourably on the above and “Save the Date” in your diary for what we can assure you will be a very enjoyable day from start to finish.
For Corporate Donations the Finance act 2001 (Section 45) introduced a scheme of tax relief, whereby certain donations to a charity can be written off as a business expense.